StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter – Backward Compatible – USB C to Mini DisplayPort – USB-C to Thunderbolt 2
Aspect Ratio: Unknown
- Use first-gen Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 devices with a new Thunderbolt 3 computer
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter / Thunderbolt 3 USB C to Thunderbolt / Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C to Thunderbolt
- Compatible with first-gen Thunderbolt & Thunderbolt 2 devices / Supplies power for bus-powered devices / Thunderbolt Certified
- Works with Thunderbolt 3 computers such as the latest models of Dell XPS & Dell Precision & MacBook Pro & more
- Guaranteed reliability with a 2-Year warranty
Hardware Platform: PC;Mac
Legal Disclaimer: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Platform: Not Machine Specific
Warranty: 2 year warranty
Details: Use legacy Thunderbolt devices with your new Thunderbolt 3 computer - With this adapter, you can connect Windows and Mac based Thunderbolt 3 computers to older Thunderbolt devices, such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt displays, and older Thunderbolt capable Mac computers. Because this adapter is backward compatible, you can connect to first-generation Thunderbolt devices at 10Gbps speed. With Thunderbolt 2 devices, you can connect at 20Gbps. The adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices. The TBT3TBTADAP is backed by a 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability. Your computer’s Thunderbolt 3 ports might not function properly until you update one or more of the following on your computer: BIOS Thunderbolt firmware Thunderbolt 3 controller drivers Thunderbolt 3 software The required updates will vary depending on your computer. For an up-to-date list of affected computers and instructions, visit http://thunderbolttechnology.net/updates. If your manufacturer isn’t listed on the Thunderbolt website, contact your manufacturer.